50 Ways to Make Yourself Feel Young Again
by Jeff Anderson
Staying Young at Heart
1. Throw a coin in a fountain and make a wish.
2. Visit the nearest town you’ve never been to before.
3. Go to a drive-in movie.
4. Draw, color, or doodle for 30 minutes.
5. Have a snowball fight.
6. Tell a ghost story.
7. Write your spouse a love letter.
8. Make a tie-dye shirt.
9. Eat cookies with milk.
10. Go to the library.
11. Write the words to a new song.
12. Make a paper airplane.
13. Make a list of your 10 favorite animals.
14. Watch a sunrise or sunset.
15. Inhale helium and talk in a squeaky voice.
16. Make up your own secret code.
17. Write a limerick or a haiku.
18. Wear a funny hat.
19. Visit the zoo.
20. Volunteer to participate in the Big Brother / Big Sisters mentoring program.
21. Ride in a hot-air balloon.
22. Drink a milkshake.
23. Play hide and seek.
24. Tell someone a joke.
25. Introduce yourself to a new person.
26. If you own a musical instrument, improvise for 30 minutes.
27. Visit an art museum.
28. Play a board game.
29. Visit a performance of live music.
30. Do something that scares you.
31. Go to a baseball game or other another sporting event.
32. Propose to play rocks, papers, scissors to resolve your next dispute.
33. Go dancing.
34. Pose in a photograph with a statue.
35. Take a long bath.
36. Hold your breath the next time you drive through a tunnel.
37. Volunteer at an elementary school.
38. Recall your earliest memory.
39. Go on a boat ride.
40. Sing in the shower.
41. Learn a new language.
42. Make funny faces in the mirror.
43. Speak in a faux English accent all day.
44. Solve a puzzle.
45. Audit classes at a local university or college.
46. Try an unusual food you’ve never had before.
47. Start a blog about something that interests you.
48. Read the comics next time you buy a newspaper.
49. Make a snow angel.
50. Create a collage out of old magazines.